Welcome to the Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
Since 1905, the Department of Agricultural Engineering, now the Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering, has been a leader in providing engineering solutions to agricultural problems in the United States and the world. The department’s original mission was to mechanize agriculture. That mission has evolved to encompass a global view of the entire food production system–the wise management of natural resources in the production, processing, storage, handling, and use of food fiber and other biological products.
- Department Chair (Dr. Steven Mickelson), 1340B Elings Hall, 515-294-1434
- ABE Main Office, 1340 Elings Hall, 515-294-1434
- ABE Graduate Programs Office, 1350F Elings Hall, 515-294-1033
- ABE Undergraduate Advising Center, 1320 Elings Hall,? 515-294-9449
Main office hours
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Offices closed: Dec. 24-25 and Jan. 1